Director / Manager of Product Engineering
Ashley Chloe, Inc. (www.ashleychloe.com) is a leading design house of modern luxury technology accessories for women and men. Established in 2015 by CEO and founder, Angela Pan, Ashley Chloe, Inc. is now creating award-winning products that are available across the globe. The Ashley Chloe brand is transforming the way the world sees tech and fashion, fusing them into one reality. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Ashley Chloe’s products have been recognized by the Red Dot Design Awards and the CES Innovation Awards as well as major media including Forbes, Mashable, USA Today and more. Ashley Chloe’s culture combines the spirit of a start-up with perks like a competitive benefits package, happy hours, Friday team lunches, on-site gym access and more.
As a Director/Manager of Product Engineering at a fast-paced start-up, you will be an integral part in developing our long-term roadmap, taking products from concept to production. We are looking for an entrepreneurial person, senior in their past role, who will fully manage and continue to improve our core line of products as well as new wireless and audio devices. You will be responsible for working with marketing, design, manufacturing and company executives in planning, defining and delivering devices.
- Manage full product development cycle, including:
- Research and understand strategic/competitive position in the market, ensuring we deliver products recognized as the best in the industry
- Creative concepts, planning, and prototype creation, leading to development and engineering of high quality products
- Work directly with suppliers and vendors (contractors, suppliers, OEM, ODM, JDM) and manage supplier production forecast, execution and performance to plan
- Lead products to mass production, ensuring DFMEAs are completed
- Drive continuous product improvement (quality, cost down), working closely with domestic and international partners to promote effective communication
- Experience/expertise in the fields of:
- Hardware/consumer electronics
- Software and firmware
- Mechanical/electrical engineering
- Understanding methodology and use of industrial design (form factor, user experience, colors, materials, manufacturing process) and user-centered design methods, exploration, storytelling and detailed interaction design
- Project management including efficient use of team resources, and product roadmapping with corresponding timeline creation and rigid implementation
- Realistic budget estimation and management, and effective use of current/curation of additional resources
- 7+ years of experience in product development, or equivalent Engineering, Computer Science, or manufacturing experience
- Received relevant bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent. Relevant Master’s degree a plus
- Extensive, hands-on experience creating and launching consumer products including Bluetooth, audio, wearable, or video products
- Understanding of DFM and the ability to provide suggestions to customers throughout project stages
- Proven experience with code, software/hardware design, product planning and management
- Ability to use different ERP, MRP tools and project management tools
- Outstanding communication with cross functional teams – with ability to manage expectations and influence in a positive and confident manner
- Experience in managing more than one product development project at any given time
- Experience with relevant technologies, such as Bluetooth, BLE, hardware debug, sensors, wireless charging, ultra-low power / ultra-small footprint software design, is a plus
- Any past experience with fashion/lifestyle product a plus
- Intense collaboration
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Health Insurance
- On-Site Gym
- Unlimited Snacks
- Annual Retreat
- Weekly Team Lunch
- Company Macbook
- Happy Hours
- Daily Jokes/Puns/Sarcasm
- Must have the capability to work on your own initiatives, be self-motivated, and have the ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, multifaceted environment and occasional long hours.
- Ready to jump in quickly to set up a plan and be incredibly diligent.
- Fast-learner, resourceful, with excellent problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, creative, and result driven, with a strong operational mindset. Decisive with a “get it done” and “deliver results” mentality.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills with a strength in time and project management. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and adapt quickly to new situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and influence others without formal authority.
- Be a team player or team leader as needed. High level of personal motivation and initiative. Capable of keeping others motivated, excited and engaged.
- Enjoy working with people and are skilled at building consensus and staying on task, even when conflicting priorities threaten to draw their attention elsewhere.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and commitment to continuous improvement.
Sound like you?