Growth Product Marketing and Communications Generalist
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Ashley Chloe Inc. is the fastest growing company in fashion wearable technology. Here at Ashley Chloe, we envision a world where fashion and technology are seamlessly fused to reflect individual taste and lifestyle. With its world-class product design and engineering teams supported by industrial leaders from Google, Nokia, Lenovo, GoPro, and Nest, Ashley Chloe continues to bridge the gap between high fashion and functional form. Ashley Chloe designs, manufactures, and sells fashion tech and consumer electronics products with multiple brands and product lines.
Take part in the excitement of a rising startup and get the chance to make your mark by developing strategies and practices for marketing and communications. You’ll be responsible for managing all aspects of content creation and social media as well as PR, SEO, and other marketing activities. With the opportunity to lead Ashley Chloe in a wide range of areas from marketing to communications, you’ll be able to join in the vision of the fashion tech startup’s founders and use all your strengths and knowledge to add unique value to a growing startup.
- Content Creation: Plan content calendars and topic ideas, write blogs and various content, write product information/description, create and manage newsletters, find and create basic graphics appropriate for content, work with and manage external contractors including photographers and graphic designers.
- Public Relations: Draft press releases, communicate with media and reporters, media outreach, on-going media relationship management, conduct interviews, and other PR practices. Also responsible for branding including managing multiple brands, maintaining public image, increasing brand awareness.
- SEO: Familiar with basic SEO, research and optimize keywords for various marketing content, monitor keywords trends, and leverage keywords list in content.
- Social Media: Manage and schedule daily posts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Linkedin. Manage and engage with community over a number of channels, reply to comments and messages.
- Influencer/Ambassador Program: Create program strategy to grow Ashley Chloe brand through influencers, outreach to potential influencers, managing ongoing program.
- Email Marketing: Increase subscription list, define target email campaigns, create email contents/copies/graphics.
- Ecommerce: Join in the creation of promotions, discounts, and store optimization with ideas and effort to improve user experience including checkout experience.
- Data Analytics: Familiar with basic data analytics including Google Analytics, monitor sales funnel conversion and other key metrics.
- Marketing Integration: Familiar with common marketing automation platforms including Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Hubspot etc. Manage marketing platform integration, connections, and information/data flows.
- Growth Hacking: Drive growth and generate new users for the company, conceptualize and produce creative marketing campaigns, monitor the latest growth marketing techniques, leverage innovative growth strategies, and create marketing reports.
- Advertising: Familiar with online advertising including Facebook ads, Google Adwords, retargeting ads, create/manage ad campaigns, ad creation, and ad optimization, A/B testing, etc.
- Events: Organize and prepare for events, trade shows, presentations, and more. Generate interest for products among potential partners by attending conferences, commissioning marketing materials and product demos.
- Overall Marketing: Plan, develop, implement, roll out and manage strategic PR and marketing programs to achieve significant increases in brand awareness and revenue. Maintain high levels of awareness of market and competitor activity and customer trends and communicate these internally.
- 3-5 years of experience in product marketing, public communication, ecommerce management, or digital advertising.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Marketing, Science, Engineering, Communication, or Business Administration is required. Master degree or MBA is preferred.
- Excellent copywriting and content creation skills. Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Must be articulate and comfortable when dealing with people at all levels.
- Familiar with / work experience with public relations outreach, management, and influencer marketing.
- Familiar with / work experience with search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), social media marketing, email marketing, and common marketing automation platforms.
- Familiar with / work experience with ecommerce, online store, and physical products, consumer electronics is a plus.
- Basic graphic editing and photography skills. Ability to recruit, source, and manage external contractors for marketing support.
- Basic data analytics skills, expert in Google analytics and/or other data analytics tools.
- Familiar with / work experience with digital advertising, Facebook ads, Google Adwords, retargeting ads, etc. Ability to create marketing reports.
- Excellent project and time management skills. Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be willing to work overtime, at nights, and on weekends when necessary.
- Must have the capability to work on own initiative, be self-motivated, sometimes working unsociable hours, with ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, and ambiguous environment. Ready to jump in quickly to set up a plan and be incredibly diligent.
- Fast-learner, resourceful, with excellent problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, creative, and result driven, with strong operational mindset. Decisive, with a “get it done” and “deliver results” mentality.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills with a strength in time and project management. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and adapt quickly to new situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and influence others without formal authority.
- Team player, team leader as needed. High level of personal motivation and initiative. Capable of keeping others motivated, excited and engaged.
- Enjoy working with people and are skilled at building consensus and staying on task, even when conflicting priorities threaten to draw their attention elsewhere.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity and commitment to continuous improvement.
Work at Ashley Chloe:
Ashley Chloe consists of a small, comprehensive team working to bridge the gap between high fashion and functional form. Our team spans multiple disciplines including hardware, product design, e-commerce and brand management. We are passionate about what we do and work hard to achieve incredible things. We are creative and always looking to learn new things. We are a close team inspired by a shared vision. We work fast and we collaborate. Each one of us is a self-starter and we believe that every member of our team should share in our success.
Sound like you?