Public Relations and Communications Manager
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Ashley Chloe Inc. is the fastest growing company in fashion wearable technology. Here at Ashley Chloe, we envision a world where fashion and technology are seamlessly fused to reflect individual taste and lifestyle. With its world-class product design and engineering teams supported by industrial leaders from Google, Nokia, Lenovo, GoPro, and Nest, Ashley Chloe continues to bridge the gap between high fashion and functional form. Ashley Chloe designs, manufactures, and sells fashion tech and consumer electronics products with multiple brands and product lines.
As an integral part of a fast-paced startup, you have a direct impact in shaping our company's brand. You will be responsible for building and maintaining public relations with reporters, influencers, cross-promotional partners, and media. Our ideal candidate builds the most talked about brands in his/her respective industries. You have an extensive network with influencers who matter (press, analysts, etc.) and execute aggressive, multi-channel strategies to activate them on behalf of your company. You're obsessed with data-driven decision making, inspire those around you, and produce work that takes the brand's game to the next level.
- Serve as primary media contact and main information source for reporters, editors and influencers. Manage all press inquiries and maximize media opportunities. Develop and maintain relationships with top-tier reporters, influencers, and media, and conduct extensive media outreach. Create and oversee a PR outreach program and deliver positive coverage and improved influencer perceptions by reaching out to key media/press via email, cold calls, etc.
- Secure and manage proactive media stories tied to the company’s broader corporate narrative and themes. Generate mainstream consumer and industry press coverage around our products and customers.
- Develop, manage and execute strategic corporate, product, and executive communications initiatives. Develop clear and concise positioning that helps us stand out in the market with a clear and compelling value proposition and ensure that this positioning is communicated across all communication channels consistently and effectively. Work closely with internal teams to plan and execute strategic PR programs to support new products launches and to drive sales.
- Lead the development of messaging, press materials, blog posts and internal communications around new product launches and company news. Build innovative PR stories and initiatives and achieve marketing objectives. Facilitate product seeding to press and influencers; manage sample closet.
- Identify appropriate thought leadership opportunities (conferences, speaking engagements, etc.) for management team. Coordinate strategic, outward facing speaker series for the CEO. Ensure that all opportunities for the CEO are fully vetted. Provide strong executive preparation, counsel and support for media opportunities.
- Identify and establish appropriate cross-brand partnership opportunities. Drive associated social impact internal communications, social media posts and media coverage support.
- Manage news tracking and industry trend analysis and general topic research. Keep the team up to date on industry/customer trends and news.
- Support and expand international public relations programs.
- 4-5 years work experience within public relations and communications. The ideal candidate will have a mix between in-house for an eCommerce/retail consumer electronics or fashion brand and experience at a top-tier PR or marketing agency.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in public relations/communications/marketing, English or journalism (MA optional).
- Success in developing and executing on a broad range of public relations programs. Track record of creative campaigns and story ideas with demonstrated results. Significant, hands on experience in media relations and content development. Success representing public relations on cross-functional teams developing strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans.
- Must be comfortable performing outreach to key media/press/influencers via email, cold calls, etc.
- Strong existing relationships with press contacts and key reporters, preferably in consumer, technology, fashion/lifestyle, and business fields.
- Experience working with senior executives and highly collaborative small teams. Preferable experience in managing outside resources (e.g. outside agency).
- Excellent written/verbal communication and critical thinking skills. Strong content writing a must.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to multitask, prioritize and work with all levels and departments within an organization.
- Strategic thinker, problem-solver and self-starter who is able to drive projects individually and as part of a team. Project management experience, including driving development and execution of strategic communications plans around product launches.
- Must have sense of humor, collaborative personality, flexibility, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- Must have the capability to work on your own initiatives, be self-motivated, and have the ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, multifaceted environment and occasional long hours.
- Ready to jump in quickly to set up a plan and be incredibly diligent.
- Fast-learner, resourceful, with excellent problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, creative, and result driven, with a strong operational mindset. Decisive with a “get it done” and “deliver results” mentality.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills with a strength in time and project management. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and adapt quickly to new situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and influence others without formal authority.
- Be a team player or team leader as needed. High level of personal motivation and initiative. Capable of keeping others motivated, excited and engaged.
- Enjoy working with people and are skilled at building consensus and staying on task, even when conflicting priorities threaten to draw their attention elsewhere.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity and commitment to continuous improvement.
Work at Ashley Chloe:
Ashley Chloe consists of a small, comprehensive team working to bridge the gap between high fashion and functional forms. Our team spans multiple disciplines including hardware, product design, eCommerce and brand management. We are passionate about what we do and work hard to achieve incredible things. We are creative and always looking to learn new things. We are a close team inspired by a shared vision. We work fast and we collaborate. Each one of us is a self-starter and we believe that every member of our team should share in our success.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Health Insurance
- On-Site Gym
- Unlimited Snacks
- Annual Retreat
- Weekly Team Lunch
- Company Macbook
- Happy Hours
- Daily Jokes/Puns/Sarcasm
Sound like you?